Sunday 22 March 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY






Happy Mother's day, to all you mothers out there and all of those wonderful ladies who provide a mother/nurturing figure to our children. You are appreciated.
I know most of you don't do your job (and it is a job) for praise, but it's nice to be recognised for the positive things you do in life. So I thank all my friends who have re-assured me not just today but frequently that I am doing my best. And also my special little boy who tells me 'I'm the best mummy in the world', aww bless him, he doesn't know what's out there! lol

I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend. I must say, the sunshine makes everything seem much nicer. Even if you're tired, it makes it that little bit easier to get out of bed. I.e, yesterday morning.
Monday to Friday when it's school time I have to literally drag my son out of bed, bribe him with waffles ,pancakes and all sorts. But on Saturday mornings, he is up before the blinking birds start tweeting!
Why did this child come into my room at 6:30 yesterday morning and decide it was time to wiggle and sing in my bed? Right in my ear!
So eventually I got up and made him cereal, then packed him off to footie with his best mate. A little voice in my head said "go back to bed Nads", but I fought it and went shopping nice and early. I beat the crowds (cos I hate crowds) and got me bits and pieces. Two new lovely belly rings...what else did I get? hmmm... can't even remember now. Oh yeah. I bought a brand new set of curling tongs and went to the opticians to sort out me eyes! If you guys knew how blind I am, you'd actually feel sorry for me.
I rushed around the shopping centre for about an hour, avoiding the shops that would get me in trouble, as it was an unsaid new year's resolution to be sensible, and so far so good.
I got back home before midday and felt accomplished. If I had listened to 'naughty nads' I wouldn't have reached the shops at all yesterday.
So I rewarded myself with a lazy afternoon, scaring myself by watching the Crime channel! What is wrong with me? It scares me but I like to see how the cases unfold.

The day went so quickly. Before I knew it, it was early evening and I was scheduled to pop into the charity event for the support of Africa's Witch children, which was held in Camden. It is such a worthwhile cause. It's to help fund the out casted children of Nigeria, who have been deemed witches by their families. So sad...My friend Kadija Kamara was performing there so I thought I would show my support to her and also Isaak Badru (Kubi and Isaak show Playvybz.com sun 1-4) who was hosting. It was a well-organised event with lots of acts, but unfortunately few attendees, which I am putting down to the dreaded 'credit crunch'.
I stayed there for a little while then had to rush off to dinner in the West end at a lovely Thai restaurant off Regent's Street. Like I said, the other day I love Thai food. I just hope I don't overdo it and end up getting sick of it. But anyway I had a pleasant evening, which luckily ended quite early so I was tucked up in bed before midnight! Nice :)

That brings us to today. Mothering Sunday. I woke up bright and early and decided to go to 10 O'clock mass. It was a lovely service and the children gave all the ladies in the congregation daffodils. So sweet. :)

After cooking dinner and dropping my mums flowers to her, I've been a total couch potato. But my son insists I rest because it's my special day, and who am I to argue???

Night night my lil chumpaloomps
Nads
xx

No comments: